Buffalo TeraStation 5810DN 64 TB (8 x 8 TB) NAS is a reliable, secure and high-performance network storage solution ideal for businesses, including those looking for a RAID-based system capable of supporting critical applications. Their 10 GbE connection and fast hard drives, designed for continuous use, guarantees higher speeds and reliability. With the powerful Alpine AL314 Quad-Core 1.7 GHz processor from Annapurna Labs, TeraStation 5X10 devices offer exceptional performance in terms of file transfer and other everyday network-attached storage.
Main Features of Buffalo TeraStation 5810DN
- High-Performance Scalable Network Storage Solution
- Powerful Alpine AL314 Quad-Core 1.7 GHz processor, fast 10GBE Port, 4 GB RAM, and 3 USB 3.0 ports
- High data protection
- 8-bay NAS delivered with 8 pre-tested NAS-grade Hard Drives.
- 16, 32, or 64 TB capacities from its 8-drive bays. – 8-bay desktop chassis. That is 16TB and 32TB when partially populated with four drives, or 32 and 64 TB when fully populated with 8 drives.
- RAID pre-configured – supports RAID 0/1/5/6/10 / JBOD – the total usable capacity depends on the RAID configuration.
- Works simultaneously as NAS and iSCSI target
- Native 10GbE port/ 4GB ECC memory/ Metal chassis/ Internal power/ LCD
- Hybrid Cloud Backup/ Private Cloud/ iSCSI backup target (VMware certified)
- Integrated cloud backup with Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, Dropbox Business, Dropbox, and OneDrive
- Duplex System Firmware Boot, and bundled with business-level server/PC backup & data recovery software
- Buffalo’s free Remote Management Service.
- 3-year warranty
Benefits of Buffalo TeraStation 5810DN NAS
The Buffalo TeraStation 5810DN network attacked storage offers a wide range of benefits to help your business grow. These include;
TeraStation 5X10 boxes are Cloud-ready
The TeraStation 5X10 is compatible with two-way synchronization, which allows you to manage folders and backups transparently between your TeraStation and Dropbox. The Buffalo TeraStation 5010 NAS supports Amazon’s Cloud S3, Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, Dropbox Business, Microsoft Azure, and more.
The VIP TeraStation service, included and guaranteed for 3 years, allows you to exchange a hard drive in 24 hours. If you ever have to change a hard drive, just order it before noon; it is sent the same day and delivered within 24 hours if it is in stock. Note that the new TeraStation also arrives at your home with its 11 free Novastor NovaBACKUP licenses.
The integrated 3rd party cloud backup software makes it easy to back up the critical data to offsite locations. This adds an extra data protection layer hence ensuring safety in the event of physical damage, environmental disaster, and other issues that destroys the on-premise equipment.
TeraStation has a near-real-time Replication capability
TeraStation 5010 includes data replication that the users and businesses to create a private cloud backup environment when connected to another TeraStation. Usually, replication involves the synchronization of a folder on two different TeraStations near real-time. However, businesses can configure bi-directional replication by using an offsite location to handle data from each TeraStation.
It is done in one direction, from source to destination, replication is not bidirectional. It is possible to install this function in LAN and WAN. The WAN installation includes a remote connection using port forwarding and a VPN installation.
Buffalo TeraStation offers fast and reliable performance
The Buffalo TeraStation 5810DN uses Quad-Core Labs Alpine AL314 Annapurna processor. The 1.7 GHz processor speed guarantees the transfer of large files as well as faster access to these files from several computers. The Buffalo TeraStation 5410DN is equipped with a NAS hard drive for high performance and reliability in NAS and RAID environments.
Highly Secure Data Storage
Data security is critical in all organizations. For this reason, the TeraStation 5010 NAS series offers one the highest physical and digital security in the market. Other data security features in teh NAS include:
- A completely closed, secure system to prevent cyber attacks
- A secure AES 256-bit drive encryption with drive recognition technology hence preventing different systems other than your TeraStation from accessing your hard drives.
- Secure and encrypted data replication
- It has a boot authentication features that prevent booting from a stolen device
- A secure configuration that allows local network access only hence preventing internet access.
- Physical front panel lock to secure the hardware and prevent drive theft
- Additional physical protection includes a Kensington Security Slot that allows you to physically tether the TeraStation to a fixed location
Remote Drive Management Service
The remote management features enable the administrators to access the device over the network or internet hence save time and resources,