Western Digital has unveiled a new WD-branded My Passport solid-state drive in various capacities up to a maximum of 2TB.
“The new My Passport has exactly the features — speed, reliability, and functionality — that users expect from devices made by our company,” said Susan Park, vice president of User Solutions at Western Digital. “This powerful and technologically advanced solution is suitable for active content creators, curators, and just those who have a passion for their hobby, in other words, anyone looking for a way to work with files quickly.”
It is noted that WD’s My Passport SSD was designed from the ground up to deliver reliable performance and unique design. The model is available in several colors, including gray, blue, red, and gold.
The features of the new My Passport SSD meet all customer needs and wants:
- high speed thanks to NVMe technology;
- read speed up to 1050 MB / s, write speed up to 1000 MB / s;
- Password-protected 256-bit AES hardware encryption to protect valuable content without the hassle
- built-in shock and vibration protection, fall protection from a height of up to 1.98 meters; easy backup of heavy files directly to a drive or service profile in the cloud;
- USB 3.2 Gen2 technology with USB-C cable and USB-A adapter;
- ready to use right out of the box and compatible with macOS and Windows.
The My Passport SSD is backed by a five-year limited warranty and is available
worldwide from select electronics and retail stores. The
new drive manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) in the US is $ 119.99 for
500 GB; $ 189.99 for 1TB and $ 359.99 for 2TB, respectively.